Pages

Sunday, May 26, 2013

2 Weeks Later and I've Finally Begun....

Hey Everyone! Okay, let's be honest hey Mom, Dad, Kate, and maybe my siblings...that's who I expect to read this blog; though I hope I have more followers than that, eventually...no pressure.
Anyway, I've done it. I started our Family Blog! I know you all are curious about our life in Bahrain, and what we are up to on a daily basis, because we are SO interesting. So here it is! I hope to use this as a way to communicate with the people we love most and share our lives even though we are
7,332 miles away
Yep, I just googled it. Actually first I went to Mapquest and it told me there was 'No Feasible Route from Belfair, WA to Manama, Bahrain' and I agree 100% !  But, more on that ridiculous travel story later.
Let's answer the hard question first, "What's with the blog title?" Well, I was initially pretty impressed with my high flying boyfriend (now husband) and all of his pilot friends, until I realized they are just like a bunch of inappropriate teenagers. It only took me about a day to realize that any and every chance they got to say, "That's What She Said" they took. I'm not even sure I had heard this before...but it didn't take long to catch on. Still confused? I'll explain...
Example:
Most people upon seeing the Big Iron (Andrew's helicopter of choice) make some sort of comment like,
"Wow that's so much bigger than I thought it would be!"
In response they would say,
"That's what she said!"
Get it? I hope so; I don't want to offend anyone too much with another example.
So, at first I just though it was funny, but over the years it became some sort of obsession for Andrew and I to take the chance to, "That's What She Said" anytime the situation arose. Since it's slightly inappropriate, and I have a tendency to be slightly inappropriate I thought it would be a great blog name. HOWEVER, it was taken years ago. So what else is more perfect than a play on my new last name?
Now, here we are. On my new blog,
"That's 'Watts' She Said"
where you get the pleasure of reading about our adventures and the details of our thrilling lives as told by me.
And because every blog post is better with pictures....
Here is the real reason I started the blog - FAMILY
Caden and most of his Washington cousins at his 5th birthday party! (The Washington one, the second Washington one). This kid has more birthday parties than anyone I've ever met. Washington Party with his Dad, Washington Party with My Family, Actual Birth-Day Party, Friend Birthday Party, North Carolina Birthday Party. I digress....
I love this picture for so many reason.
#1 Look at Josh
#2 Natalie's Face - you would think someone was about to steal her Nacho Cheese Dip...
#3 Caden's slightly worried look, he knows someone is about to blow out HIS candles
#4 Reid is doing exactly what Caden' suspects...
#5 Davis, see him being held up behind Caden?
#6 Nolan's 'Papa John' hair
#7 Cash doesn't have any pants on...not surprising
We love these people more than anything.
They rock.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...