Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2013

TOTES CRACKERS!!!

No, no, no....I'm not talking about carrying around a snack in my bag or something obvious like that.

I am simply referring to Miley Cyrus and her VMA performance this week. 
You KNOW  what I'm talking about...

If you didn't see it, let me just say it was...

"TOTES CRACKERS!"

Still confused?!

Let me explain...

Two months ago I was perusing some Bahraini celebrity gossip magazines for fun. On the cover of one of them was a picture of Miley Cyrus and the title, 
"Totes Crackers"

I was super confused at first - like they were accusing her of carrying around some saltines or Ritz or something. Then I realized that it was just Bahrain's version of using American Slang. 

Totes = Totally
Crackers = Crazy/Insane

Totally Crazy/Insane = Totes Crackers

Obviously.

So...there you have it folks. Bahraini gossip magazines nailed this one months ago. She is "Totes Crackers" and NOW I have my new favorite slang. Along with Cray Cray of course. As for as I'm concerned the two are totally interchangeable. 

The whole Syria debacle: Cray Cray
How hot it is in Bahrain right now: Totes Crackers
The people I saw in WalMart today: Cray Cray
My mother without her hormones: Totes Crackers 
(love you Mom!)

See they both work for pretty much anything

And if I can add my two cents now...I have a PRETTY high threshold for what I consider "inappropriate" or "scandalous"and it takes a lot to offend me....but while watching her VMA performance I was totally embarrassed and uncomfortable.

 I would NOT want my young children to watch that - heck I didn't even want my Mom to watch it! I fast forwarded parts of it - and THAT'S saying A LOT. More than anything I was just sad for her. Sad that she felt she had to perform that way - and sad that no one else really stood up and told her that it was too far over the edge. BUT, I suppose that if her goal was to get some buzz...she's accomplished it. Everyone is talking about it...

I'm sure you've read some reviews written by much better and eloquent bloggers like this one:
or my personal favorite since I have 2 sons:
or if you are a music person:, then this one is good:

Since I can't write as wonderfully as that. I'll just sum it up as my Bahraini peeps do and say, 

"Miley....that was TOTES CRACKERS!"

and That's 'Watts' She Said...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...