Pages

Monday, July 15, 2013

I Bet Your Mall Doesn't Have This...



1. Prayer Rooms in the Mall
2. GENDER SPECIFIC Prayer Rooms at that...

My newest Bahraini discovery. Yep, prayer rooms in the malls. I got a little lost looking for an elevator at the Seef Mall and found this. Pretty cool. 

The malls also have really great private nursing rooms equipped with changing tables and everything. The malls here are awesome and so interesting at the same time. I could seriously people watch for hours.

My first time going to the mall was both a wonderful and crazy experience. Being surrounded by women in their abayas - it's a sea of black. My first thought was, how can you tell which one is your friend/sister/mom/wife? 

My guess would be by the shoes or purse - what little these women do show is STYLISH. I love it. I especially love that a lot of them wear TOMS with their abayas! Can't miss the blue TOMS tag on the back of their shoes. Also - I have discovered that their abayas aren't just plain black cloth. There are MANY MANY different abayas. Some have embellishments, rhinestones, lace, fringe, ruffles, flowers, the list goes on and on. I love all of the different varieties. One of these days I'll do a post just on the fashion of the Bahraini women. I love it. 

Seriously though,all in all - it really is a sea of black in the mall. I know how easily Caden can wander away from me in crowded places. That's one of my biggest fears. At least he can see ME and the shape of me and my clothes. I saw what happens in the Bahrain City Center when a child loses his mommy. It just about broke my heart. 

Caden and I were sitting in the food court and a little boy started running around yelling "Mama!" and just turning in circles totally lost. Luckily, his mom was within a few feet, she was just turned away from him. But how scary. I can only imagine how often that happens. 

The malls are awesome right now - they are pretty much deserted due to Ramadan. On a busy non-Ramadan day at the mall you can look for parking for 30 minutes. Easily. Right now, I can just drive into the "Car Park" and find a prime spot. I love it. 

Another Whole30-during-Ramadan bonus. All of the restaurants, coffee shops, snack places are CLOSED. So what temptation I would have to grab a quick snack are totally eliminated. Thank goodness!


This is the food court at the City Center Mall. The Food Court isn't just closed - it's gated off. Most food places are. This is no joke people - they seriously don't want you even thinking about eating here. There was actually a Mall Cop guarding the area as well. 

AND...the subject of FOOD. It's seriously haunting me. Last night I could barely sleep. In my dreams I was LITERALLY fighting with food. Brownies, OREOS, chips, pop....but they were huge - all like 5 feet tall. I guess when the folks over at the Whole9 said that you would be dreaming of food and fighting serious cravings, they weren't kidding. 

You'll be glad to know that we are still going strong Day 8 is done. We haven't been cooking as wonderful of meals in the past two days because I am EXHAUSTED. Another awesome Day 7 and 8 side effect of the Whole30. So our meals have been eggs and veggies for breakfast, leftovers for lunch, and the past two nights we had pork chops and roasted veggies and then chicken and roasted veggies. I guess you can use this as poof that you CAN do the Whole30 when you don't have a ton of time.

I'm not so patiently waiting for this energy boost I'm supposed to get in the next few days. I need it. In a BAD way. On that note - I'm off to bed. 

and That's 'Watts' She Said...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...