Pages

Saturday, July 13, 2013

What Happens When Your 5 Year Old Has Your Phone...

In case you were wondering what Caden was up to today....






YEP! That last one is my favorite. I was laughing so hard I almost peed my pants when I saw these tonight. 

My son is special. 

I especially love how he was CLEARLY practicing different "looks" - he may not look anything like me, but he's my son for sure. 

Where was I while he was doing this? My best guess is that he took these while Andrew and I were doing our 2nd WOD (workout of the day) together today. 

That family that WODs together stays together. Right?

We decided to forget the Ramadan dress code for a little while and incorporate swimming in the canal in our WOD. It was so awesome. I mean it is WAYYYY too hot to run - so the swim allowed us to get some cardio in, and stay cool-ish. If only the canal wasn't like warm bathwater. Here's what we did

20 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible)
Swim to the bulkhead across from us and back
10 Push Ups
10 Squats
10 Pull Ups

After round 2 I looked behind me and saw Andrew on all fours on the lawn. My first thought was that he was having a heart attack. I called out to make sure he was alive and he said, "yeah, I'm just seeing stars"

Wimp. Just kidding. I mean, it's 110 degrees out and we are working out...and this is only his 2nd WOD, and maybe his 4th time working out since January. No wonder he was hurting. He finished strong though - and I'm so so so proud of him. He will be kicking these WODs butts in no time at all.

Also, he made up for last night's kitchen cleaning disaster by thoroughly and quickly cleaning the kitchen after breakfast today. What a man, what a man, what a man, what a mighty good mannnn.....Nothing like a little Salt-N-Pepa for ya!

My awesome friend Katie sent me this gem of a text message today:


Apparently I'm NOT the only one with this problem!!!

Also - Andrew read ALL of my blog posts for the first time yesterday. If you are shocked that he hadn't read them yet...I was too! I may have been giving him a huge guilt trip. He's the king of procrastination - so I knew that the longer he put it off, the less likely he was to read it. He wanted to read it from the beginning, and I pointed out to him that each day his task is getting bigger and bigger. He first said he was going to read it after my 5th post....this is #46. Well, he did it. He read it...and his response was, 
"I love it - I'm kind of the butt of a lot of your jokes"

Poor guy. I told him that was what made it so much fun. This is MY WORLD buddy. And if I want to talk about your bathroom habits I will. Luckily, he's a good sport and doesn't mind at all. 

Our Bahrain world is clearly not very exciting right now. Sorry. 

On to the Whole30 Rundown:

Day 6. Done. We kicked it's arse. Aside from the vivid dreams I had last night about brownies, and bread and butter, and wine, and pasta, I felt great. Though I felt super guilty and panicked this morning when I woke up, I couldn't remember if it was real or not. Thank goodness it was just a dream. 

My energy was either soaring or non-existent today. According to the Whole30 experts this is due to my body trying to get used to burning fat for energy instead of the sugar that it's used to. I'll take the energy highs as a promise that things are getting better.  

So, what did we eat today? 

DAY 6
Leftover Day!
Breakfast:  Leftover Carnitas and Fajita Vegetables with Fried Eggs. 
Caden ate 3 eggs. No joke. This boy is eating like CRAZY lately. Another growth spurt, I'm sure. 
Lunch: Leftover Chicken and Steak with Chopped Broccoli Salad
Dinner: Everyday Paleo Salisbury Steak with Roasted Asparagus
We love this meal - it's one of our favorites. Delicious.

That's it. Not super exciting by any means; but today was a great day. Family, WOD'n with my husband, good food. What else do you need?

and That's 'Watts' She Said....

1 comment:

  1. For the record, when you looked over and saw me "on all fours," I was doing my pushups. Context! Butt of your jokes, yet again!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...