Pages

Saturday, July 6, 2013

Living the Good Life....


Aside from running around like a chicken with my head chopped off getting ready for our 4th of July BBQ....this is what we've been up to this past week.

Living the good life.

Lazing around in the canal, drinking a beer, or cider, or wine, or sangria...(wow, maybe I have a problem), getting a tan, playing with Caden in the water.

This is not bad folks...not bad at all.

I can definitely handle 2 years of resort style living. 

Housemaid cleaning the house...
Yard boy watering our lawn twice a day, and doing all of the upkeep, AND washing our cars every other day...(yes they really need washed that often, the sand is out of control)
This is really is so much better than I ever thought it could be.

I'll be honest, it took me the past two months to get to this point.
But, I have arrived and I am loving it!

Last week we went to a friends house on the beach (see photo above) and as I waded in the warm water with the other ladies, sipping on a cold Hard Cider, while Caden played with the other kids...I realized that I'm REALLY going to like it here.

Despite the insane heat, the insane drivers, the inconvenient grocery store situation, the lizards that live IN our house, and back sweat I seem to always have. This place is not bad at all.

Where else would Andrew, Caden, and I be able to jump off of our backyard lawn into warm and SALTY (so so so salty) water, and float and play around while Davis sleeps on the porch? In 106 weather....

Okay, I'm sure there are places...but we are in the NAVY. We certainly aren't paid enough to live this lifestyle anywhere else. So I plan on fully enjoying the maid and this lifestyle while we can afford it!

Oh and I need to quickly mention how much I LOVE our neighbors. Caden has a constant play date and Harrison and C totally love each other. I especially love that Harrison calls me, "Haden's mummy" in the sweetest little accent.

Our whole family went and swam in their pool with them a few nights ago and it was brilliant. (C swims there almost every day, but this was the first time we all went) D LOVED his baby floaty, and I loved the New Zealand wine they kept filing my glass with. Then they spoiled us again tonight with Chinese and champagne! Great hosts and great company. We really lucked out in the neighbor department.

Tonight is their last night before heading home to New Zealand for about a month and we are going to miss them!

Seriously...friends and family...you need to come visit. This Bahraini life is something you need to experience!!!

You won't regret it. I promise.

And That's 'Watts' She Said...






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...