Pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

First Meal

Our new hotel, The Gulf, is so much more homey feeling to us! I love the little kitchen we have in our room. After getting decently settled it was time to venture back into real life (somewhat) and cook dinner. 

Many of you know, I'm kind of a picky eater, so up until this point I mainly had salads for every meal. Okay, maybe I'm not too picky - I just don't trust meat in foreign places. Something I'm going to have to get over unless I want to be a vegetarian. That's out of the question, I like bacon too much. 

Back to the point. After moving into our new digs we caught the hourly shuttle to the base, bought a few groceries, (another perk of life at The Gulf) and made our First Meal!

TACOS!
(no real surprise there)


My favorite meal, nothing like it, made us feel right at home

Yes...I was so excited that I took pictures. It's the little things.

A Few Side Notes:

1.  SANTITAS!!! For some reason I couldn't find my favorite brand of tortilla chips in all of Southern Maryland. It took moving around the world to be able to buy them at the NEX. Score.
2. Guacamole - I hate premade guacamole. The NEX had avacados, but NO guacamole seasoning, or even the separate ingredients to spice it up myself. I had to settle on premade guac for our inaugural meal. Don't doubt that I already ordered a 12 pack of my favorite seasoning from Amazon. (My love affair with Amazon is growing stronger every day)
3. Cheese - what does a girl have to do to get some good old Tillamook around here???!?!?

1 comment:

  1. Amazon Prime account, the only real supply that a new mother needs! Love the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...